Winslow, Arizona is a city located in Navajo County. Located at 5,000 feet, Winslow is another unique place to live, visit, and work in Northern Arizona.
Winslow was founded in 1882. It has always been a “city in motion,” as it primarily worked as a division point for railroad companies for the southwestern United States. The city was most likely named after Edward F. Winslow, who was the president of the San Fransisco and St. Louis Rail Road. With over 9,000 people living in the city, Winslow is a nice place to live and visit.
Some of Winslow’s biggest attractions include:
- Standin’ on the Corner Park – This park consists of a mural and a statue and is based off of the lyrics of “Take It Easy” by the Eagles. It is located in downtown Winslow and was created in 1999.
- Brigham City – This Mormon settlement was established in 1876 and was abandoned less than a decade later. It is now being restored and is in the National Register of Historic Places.
- La Posada Hotel – This hotel was created in the 1920s and 30s as a joint effort by Mary Elizabeth Jane Colter and Fred Harvey. It closed in 1957 and reopened in the 1990s, and has had many famous guests.
- Meteor Crater – This famous crater is west of Winslow and is about 50,000 years old. The crater itself and other attractions garner international attention.
Jobs in Winslow
Top industries in Winslow include:
- Transportation and warehousing
- General medical and surgical hospitals
- Supermarkets and other grocery, hotels, and gasoline stations with convenience stores
- Accommodation and food services
- Retail trade
- Educational services
Major employers in Winslow include:
If you are interested in working in education, you might consider the Winslow Unified School District. You can find all of the open job positions in the district at this website. Teaching options are not limited to schools in this district, however. Northern Arizona Academy offers a non-traditional educational system and is hiring at both of its locations, including the one in Winslow. And finally, Northland Pioneer College, a community college with multiple locations in Arizona, also offers employment opportunities.
Those interested in working in the medical industry might be in luck at Winslow. Little Colorado Medical Center is one of the medical centers in the city, and it features its employment opportunities on its website. Fresenius Medical Care North America specializes in renal care and employs over 60,000 individuals in the continent. Fresenius Medical Care has a location in Winslow and has open job positions. Winslow Indian Health Care Center is a center that provides health care for Native Americans; they also have open job positions listed on their website.
The City of Winslow hires a wide range of employees for all of the different job positions that exist. Open positions can be found on their website. The Arizona Department of Corrections also hires employees in Winslow.
You can also find jobs in Winslow by using online job search websites such as: