Snowflake is a four-season town in north central Arizona. It is situated on the White Mountains and provides a place perfect for work and recreation.
Snowflake, Arizona was founded in 1878 by Mormon pioneers. It has an elevation of 5,600 feet. Residents enjoy golfing and horseback riding.
Some of the attractions in and around Snowflake are:
- Silver Creek Little Theatre – Founded in 1980, the Silver Creek Little Theatre provides entertainment to the public by putting on performances. Some of their past plays and musicals are Much Ado About Nothing, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Disney’s Beauty and the Beast: The Musical.
- Monument Valley Park – This landscape is over 91,000 acres wide and the sandstone masterpieces climb from 400 to 1,000 feet. The valley has rock formations, trees, sand, shrubs, and mesas. The natural wonder has taken 50 million years to form.
- White Mountains – Camping, fishing, skiing, golfing, and hiking is available at the White Mountains. Outdoor recreation isn’t the only option at these mountains, however; there are also many restaurants, inns, RV parks, and chances to learn about Native American culture at the White Mountains.
- Petrified Forest National Park – This national park is located north of Snowflake. The petrified wood located there is very valuable to the scientific community. Visitors can hike and backpack overnight. Guided tours and programs are offered at times.
- Snowflake Temple –
Jobs in Snowflake
The website of the Town of Snowflake also has a job opportunities page. Paper applications should be picked up and turned in at the specific location listed in the job description.
The major employers in Snowflake are:
- Novo Power – This company has a power plant in Snowflake that uses wood waste as a renewable fuel source. The Plant began operating in 2008 and sells the electricity it produces to Arizona’s largest utilities. Applications can be found on the website and mailed once completed.
- NatureSweet – NatureSweet grows tomatoes and has the goal of increasing the sustainability of the land and the lives of those around them. Their website has a career opportunities page where you can fill out a form and submit your resume.
- PFFJ – PFFJ works in agriculture. Some job opportunities at PFFJ can be found.
- Northland Pioneer College – Northland Pioneer College is a community college with nine campuses and centers, including the Silver Creek Campus in Snowflake. Their website has an employment opportunities page which leads to the current job listings.
- Snowflake Unified School District – The school district in Snowflake consists of one elementary school, one primary school, two intermediate schools, one junior high school, and one high school. Their human resources page offers job postings and application forms.
- Town of Snowflake – The Town of Snowflake hires employees to work in different departments. These departments include the library, the police, finance, recreation and parks, and the justice court. Job opportunities in the Town of Snowflake can be found here.
The White Mountain Independent has a classifieds section that posts job openings in Snowflake.