Camp Verde is a town in the center of the Verde Valley. It is well-liked by its citizens because of its small town atmosphere spread over a wide space.
Camp Verde, AZ was founded in 1865, which makes it the oldest community in Verde Valley. With a population of 11,000, Camp Verde has a western, rural, and friendly atmosphere. Residents and visitors can enjoy the many outdoor recreational opportunities the town offers because of its open space and location next to the Verde River.
Major attractions in Camp Verde:
- Fort Verde State Park – Settlers built the Ford Verde military fort in 1865 for protection. At the park, there is a visitor center, a gift shop, picnic areas, and historic house museums.
- Cliff Castle Casino – The Cliff Castle Casino holds many shows for entertainment, such as band concerts and comedians. There is also a hotel, many dining options, and kids’ entertainment.
- Out of Africa Wildlife Park – This wildlife park provides visitors with a replica of an African Bush Safari. It has hundreds of animals from all over the world. They have a number of shows and activities, such as Tiger Splash, Wonders of Wildlife Show, and Predator Feed.
- Montezuma Castle – These cliff dwellings belonged to the Sinagua 800 years ago. There is a trail that is 1/3 miles long that leads past the five-story cliff dwelling. You can also visit the Montezuma Well, which is nearby.
Jobs in Camp Verde
The major employers in Camp Verde are:
- Bashas’ – A family-owned grocery store chain based in Arizona. There is one location in Camp Verde. Possible jobs at Bashas’ include bakers, cashiers, deli clerks, meat managers, night crew clerks, and pharmacy technicians.
- Cliff Castle Casino – This hotel and casino is full of entertainment for people of all ages with its live entertainment, games, and kids’ entertainment. Job opportunities include service attendants, beverage servers, cooks, food servers, and design production coordinators.
- McDonald’s – A worldwide chain of fast food restaurants. There is one McDonald’s in Camp Verde. Employment positions at McDonald’s include general manager, crew member, maintenance, crew trainer, and first assistant.
- Camp Verde Unified School District – Camp Verde’s school district has an elementary school, a middle school, and two high schools: South Verde and Camp Verde. Possible jobs include teachers, principals, substitute teachers, counselors, kitchen workers, and secretaries.
- Town of Camp Verde – The Town of Camp Verde holds a number of departments. Available jobs may include dispatchers, lifeguards, and cashiers.
- US Postal Service – An agency of the United States federal government to provide postal service throughout the country. Employment positions such as mail processing clerk, city carrier assistant, and sales associate might be available.
- Yavapai County Justice Facility – There are different precincts in which courts hold trials. The Verde Valley Justice Court holds trials for Camp Verde. Possible jobs include court clerk, legal secretary, and court reporter.
The major industries in Camp Verde are:
- Trade, Transportation, and Utilities
- Mining and Construction
- Educational and Health Services
- Leisure and Hospitality
- Professional and Business Services
Another local online resource is FlagstaffJobs; this website provides job resources and openings.